The United States is no longer a democracy. There is no accountable or anywhere near acceptable government, judicial system or law enforcement. A significant section of its politicians are in denial of science. The US has commited numerous war crimes in recent history and is arguably committing war crimes this very moment. The government does not serve the interests of its people, and the government has under 15% low approval ratings. Its former leaders openly state it is an oligarchy, and hard scientific studies affirm this. Its police is unacceptable violent and racist and “legally” steals massive sums of its own citizens. It has a crude and malignant security apparatus, and uses this infrastructure to persecute or harass political adversaries. Being a scientist doing maths can get you arrested on a plane for suspicions of terrorism. Major parts electoral system are either visibly random, or heavily skewed by dirty tricks and racist policies, whereas one party is now voting a candidate in to office that is widely regarded as equivalent to Hitler. To boot the country has a real income and wealth disparity that’s worse than it was since the revolution, i.e. hasn’t been as bad in centuries. To make matters even worse, the US spends more on its military than the rest of the world combined, of which a sizeable portion is wasted on consistently failed projects intended only to keep military industry contracts afloat. And lets no start on Defense money that has simply “disappeared“. Oh and the US doesn’t like people criticizing its policies.
This is unacceptable. If you summarize these facts out loud they are incredible and sound almost unthinkable. To say something is completely unacceptable means someone, somewhere should openly start not accepting it. I understand full well that governments in Europe would have a hard time having a chat with US envoys and address this spectacularly visible catastrophic decay happening in US, but I sincerely advocate this is precisely what is necessary.
I agree many countries in the world are worse in nearly all categories. Russia and China are no doubt worse. Yet would we invite comparison? I think not, since the US keeps constantly reminding everyone how much better it is than any country worldwide, in all of history. The US has maintained elevated pretense. It labels itself the shining city on the hill.
Enough with this. The rest of the world must wake up from its complacent slumber and stop accepting this. For starters, EU countries should summarily give its colored and muslim citizens a negative travel advisory. The US is no longer a safe destination for minorities.
I can only state that I love that part of America. I visited the place twice and the people is wonderful, the cities are amazing adventures. The country itself is breathtakingly beautiful.
I call upon my elected officials of my country and the EU, as well as any democratic governments of the world, to immediately start voicing their concerns about the US and take action. This should not escalate further and the current mess is long overdue in terms of consequences.
One think to do immediately is have EU/UN observers visit US polling stations and have a look for vote irregularities and other malfeasance.
Things I forgot
* Jeremy Scahill, Glenn Greenwald blast U.S. drone war and “assassination complex,” say liberals would never let a Republican get away with Obama’s crimes.
* US “speaker of the house” rapes children, get’s a slap on the wrist.
* A sweeping right wing hatred campaign against an extremely small Transgender minority – “These freaks are going to get us all killed”.
* Pervasive and widespread electoral fraud met with derision and sarcastic sneers
* Incarceration culture
* Cuttng off minorities from water.
* Dirty tricks against ‘outsider’ politicians
* No free press
* Corporate media being absurdly antagonistic to political change
* 45000 people dying annually of not having access to affordable medical care.
* Pervasive hatred of and criminalization of poor, minorities and homeless people.
* Vote count irregularities.
* Proven widespread voter machine fraud. (However)
* A wholly irrational press & news ethos
* US Police actively targets disabled people for killing.
* Police want to tear apart someone non-violent
* This is why public transportation in the US is crumbling
* The U.S. has ‘worst elections of any long-established democracy,’ report finds
* U.S. elections ranked worst among Western democracies. Here’s why.
* Al Jazeera : What’s Happening to American Democracy?
* HomeOp-Edge – America, we have a problem: Homelessness is out of control
* CIA took ‘gruesome’ naked photos of detainees before sending them to foreign partners for torture
* “We are the death merchant of the world”: Ex-Bush official Lawrence Wilkerson condemns military-industrial complex
* If Bernie Sanders wins the New York Democratic primary, some superdelegates vow to back Hillary Clinton anyway
* Low-income Americans can no longer afford rent, food, and transportation
* Land of the Free? Harvard Study Ranks America Worst in the West for Fair Elections